Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Here we go...

So here I am. Another SAHM joining the ranks of the so-called "mommy bloggers". Just what the world wide web needs, right? But I'm not here because I think that I have something infinitely important to say that simply must be shared with the universe. I may be a lawyer (technically), but I'm not that conceited. In fact, it's highly unlikely that anyone else will even read this thing! Truth be told, I need to find something to do that requires moderately intelligent thought in order to preserve my own sanity.

And in case anyone else is actually reading this, here is a little bit about me. As I previously mentioned, I'm a lawyer by degree although I did not practice law at the firm I worked for before quitting to stay at home. About halfway through law school I realized that the practice of law was not for me, but after investing so much time and money I thought it would be foolish not to at least finish and take the bar. So I did, and after a brief stint as an Estates and Trusts attorney (the subject I liked best in school) my suspicions that the law was not for me were confirmed. I enjoy learning about it, but not practicing it. So I worked as a research clerk at a local firm for a while and eventually fell into doing the marketing for the firm, a job that I really enjoyed. After my son was born, I continued to work two days a week for about a year and a half before deciding to quit and stay at home full-time. And so my adventure begins!

I'm sure this blog will inevitably focus a lot on the joys and challenges of parenthood, because let's face it, that's pretty much all I've got going on right now. But it is my hope that there will be some sort of intellectual content appearing here as well. I miss having conversations with other adults about topics that don't involve potty training, big boy beds, or the Wiggles. I miss having some time away from home, without the constant soundtrack of "mommy mommy mommy" playing in the background. Hell, I even miss writing legal briefs! Don't get me wrong, I love my son more than life itself, and deciding to stay at home was one of the best decisions I've ever made. But for the sake of my own sanity, I need an outlet.

And so begins this blog. I don't know where this is going or if I'll have anything worthwhile for anyone else to read. I just hope that at the very least my future posts will be a source of entertainment (or commiseration) for somebody!

No comments:

Post a Comment